Fall is here, and winter is fast approaching. If you haven’t already done so, it’s time to start cleaning and preparing your home for the coming months. Let’s face it, none of us want to worry about these housekeeping matters when the cold finally settles in to stay. Use our fall cleaning checklist below and get started today. You’ll be thankful tomorrow!
Start on the Outside:
- Begin by pressure washing the house. Note any troublesome areas that might need tending to later.
- Clear out gutters and check downspouts.
- Examine the weather seals and caulking around windows and doors, fixing them if necessary. Ensuring that these areas are properly sealed will help with your winter heating bill.
- Check your dryer’s outside exhaust pipe to see if the door closes properly. If so, you’ll be helping to conserve heat. (It’s also important to note that this area can be a fire hazard if clogged.)
- Check outdoor lights and replace bulbs if need be.
- Clean and store outdoor/patio furniture.
- Clean off the grill.
- Have your furnace inspected.
- Fully drain water hoses and store them away.
Move to the Inside:
- Tidy up the garage and wash the floor.
- Straighten up your attic and take out any holiday decorations you will be using soon.
- Dust ceiling fans and light fixtures.
- Clean blinds and drapes.
- Dust windows and baseboards.
- Clean inside windows.
- Wipe down cabinets and countertops.
- Clean showers, bathtubs, sinks, toilets, and mirrors.
- Dust display areas and shelves.
- Launder all household linens.
- Flip mattresses and cushions.
- Vacuum beneath couch cushions and under all furniture.
- Vacuum behind large appliances, such as the refrigerator, washer, and dryer.
- Mop hardwood, tile, laminate, and vinyl flooring.
- Vacuum rugs and carpets.
These are just some basic essentials to get you started on your fall cleaning. Feel free to go more in-depth by organizing closets, pantries, and other storage areas.
You’ll be amazed at how much better your home will feel when it’s been cleaned from top to bottom. It almost makes the coming winter seem not so bad. Almost!
Give us a call today at (270) 441-2305. Also, make sure to like us on Facebook! We’d love to be a part of your next home renovation project!