Space is often at a premium and our closets never seem to be big enough to fit all our stuff. But if you get a little creative, you can maximize the space that you do have.
An easy solution is a Dannenmueller custom closet system. We offer several products that help maximize space including super-slide hanging rods, full extension laminate draws, pull-out laundry basket and slide out tie/belt rod. These options help maximize the amount of space you have in a smart way for a low cost!
Here are 5 more space saving and organizational hacks to get you started!
- If you have extra unused space either above or below your main closet rod, add an extra rod. This allows you to put shorter items like skirts and shirts on the lower bar and longer items like pants and jackets on the top bar. If you have additional room below, add another lower rod and hang boots.
- Most of us might just have a few too many shoes. And if your space is limited, some end up left in shoe boxes or lost under piles of stuff. An easy and inexpensive solution is to install several strips of crown molding on the back wall of your closet wall to hang your high heels. Here is a step-by-step model of how to complete this project.
- Use the tabs off soda cans as a way to double your hanging space. Slide the tab to the base of the hanger hook and then hang another hanger through that! This is a great way to keep your outfits together and ready for the work week.
- Shower curtain rings are a great way to store multiple items on one hanger. Use the extras you have around the house, or purchase a pack of 12 for $1 and use to hang your scarves, hats or belts together. It will save you space and keep your stuff wrinkle free.
- For your nicer pieces, you might need more expensive felt hangers over the plastic ones. But there a couple methods that help you turn your existing plastic hangers into a better option. Wrap a pipe cleaner on either side where the straps of the clothing would be. Other options include rubber bands or using a hot glue gun to make a zigzag pattern on the top of the hanger.
To find out more about our professionally designed and installed closet systems and for help creating the closet of your dreams, no matter what size, call Dannenmueller at 270-441-2305.
Also, make sure to like us on Facebook! We’d love to be a part of your next home renovation project!