When selecting which window treatments are the best fit for your home, there are so many things to consider from the amount of light and privacy to the overall look, color and style. Just remember your window treatments should be decorative as well as functional.
But with all the options, it can often become overwhelming. So here is a helpful cheat sheet when considering which is right for you, blinds or shades!
Blinds provide an attractive, clean-looking option that allows you to customize the amount of sunlight and privacy.
Some of the perks include being able to adjust the amount of light in each specific room without routinely having to pull the window treatment open and closed. Blinds also provide a finished look without any additional hassle.
Blinds are often best for bathrooms and bedrooms because of their adaptability and ability to filter light. They do require more of a commitment to keep clean due to dust and dirt in the individual slats.
With blinds, there are tons of options for colors, textures and styles, which allow you to continually tweak your window coverings. Options from Dannenmueller include wood, faux wood and aluminum blinds.
- Wood Blinds provide a rich, hand-crafted look with neutral or rich color options. A more economical option is faux wood, which is moisture resistant and perfect for kitchens and bathrooms.
- Aluminum Blinds are durable and come in a full variety of colors and metallics.
Choose horizontal slats in smaller rooms to give the appearance of more space. Select vertical blinds for windows that are wider and shorter.
Shades provide the most versatility if your personal style is traditional or modern. Compared with blinds, shades can often bring a softer, more inviting atmosphere that can easily refresh the look of any room.
If you need increased privacy in a study or family room, shades could be the answer. Shades are also an energy efficient option that could help decrease your home’s energy costs.
Keeping shades clean does require hand vacuuming or spot-cleaning, which can be time consuming.
With different textures, patterns and weights, there is an option to meet every need. At Dannenmueller, we offer the honeycomb, woven wood, roller/solar and contemporary Roman shades.
- Honeycomb Shades are constructed to better insulate and we offer more than 200 diverse options.
- Woven Wood Shades provide a natural and distinctive option to match a traditional or exotic look.
- Roller/Solar Shades represent a combination of decorative textures and are extremely energy-efficient.
- Contemporary Roman Shades provide a tailored, dressy finish with either a classic tea drop fold or flat panel style.
For help creating the window treatments of your dreams for every room in your house: